In the Respiratory Assessment Unit a team of health professionals (Pulmonologist & Peadiatricians & physicians) provide a number of services for breathing (respiratory) difficulties such as emphysema, chronic bronchitis (COPD), asthma, and bronchiectasis and lung fibrosis.
The Division of Pulmonary and Respiratory Diseases at Oriana Hospital provides care for infants, children and young adults with chronic and acute respiratory disorders. We offer a wide range of patient care services.
Some of the services we offer include:
- Respiratory Outreach – follow up at home for a selected group of patients with chronic respiratory disease after their admission with a chest infection, or in the community who have attended the GP and require further support.
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation – a programme of exercise and education for patients who experience breathlessness arising out of a chest problem.
- Oxygen assessment clinics.
- Testing for TB – outpatient Mantoux testing
- Respiratory Nurse Clinic – advice, education, support regarding living with your breathing condition.
The Pulmonology department specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of chest or lung problems including; asthma, COPD, sleep disorders, lung cancer, pulmonary fibrosis (interstitial lung diseases), chest infections, bronchiectasis, smoking cessation, pulmonary hypertension. Etc.
The department has the following services:
- Lung function testing
- Allergy screen and desensitization
- Asthma childhood asthma
- Overnight pulse oximetry
- Sleep disorder & Study
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary
- Non-invasive ventilation.
- Pleural fluid aspiration (Diagnostic & Therapeutic)
- Chest disease